Our client is a global leader in Sportsbook and Online Casino and they are now looking at scaling up their European operations. They're seeking an experienced Senior Database Administrator to join their team on a permanent fully remote basis anywhere in the UK or Europe.
About the Role:
The Senior Database Administrator (Sr DBA) will be responsible for the performance, integrity and security of the databases. DBA will be involved in the planning and development and version controlling of the databases, as well as in troubleshooting any issues on behalf of the users. Senior DBA will ensure data remains consistent across the database, data is clearly defined, applications and users access data concurrently and data security and recovery is under control.
- Installing, configuring and maintaining PostgreSQL or any used database tools on the server
- Installing, configuring and managing replication databases
- Performing Database backup & recovery procedures. Creating backups, testing backups sustainability
- Managing access configuration on every instance of the databases
- Implementing database monitoring & automation
- Monitoring database performances, debugging of SQL and PL/pgSQL code
- Identifying low perform queries and performance tuning
- Owning security compliance
- Mitigating database-oriented risks and creating policies for high availability on databases
- Implementing high-availability, clustering and replication for databases, performance and capacity
- Managing data and database versions
- Implementing DR procedures
- Other job duties as assigned
- The candidate above all needs to feel confident, competent at, and would enjoy designing and developing stored procedures/function in PostgreSQL
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Good communication, teamwork and negotiation skills
- Experience in data manipulation languages and the principles of database design
- Ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure
- Strong organizational skills
- Business awareness and understanding of business requirements
- Understanding of information legislation, such as the Data Protection Act.
Our client and it's brands is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. The client does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.