Our client is a financial planning partner and investment management business that gives access to the knowledge needed to plan for the future. Until now, there’s been nowhere for people to go for help to structure their personal finances, so their goal is to help its clients create and personalise their financial planning and takes ongoing responsibility by helping them grow their money, too.
What are we looking for ?
Our client's team is composed of highly experienced wealth advisors from private banks and serial tech entrepreneurs. The team brings a powerful combination of financial and tech expertise to successful professionals who want to achieve their life goals.
With the latest round of fundraising, they're now looking for a rockstar, jack of all trades backend developer to help to build the next generation of the apps that enables the business operation innovations among the wealth management industry. You will be closely working with product designers, architects, frontend developers, iOS developers, CTO and CEO.
What will you be doing:
- Working on a majority of greenfield projects building out enterprise-level integrations and applications using the latest AWS suite of tools.
- Design, develop new functionality and work with FE and iOS developers to provide documented APIs for the apps to consume.
- There are no siloes, bureaucracy or endless meetings – really the sky is the limit in terms of career growth, personal development and the ability to make an impact
- We follow scrum / agile methodology, have a very active Slack channel and work collaboratively to solve challenging technical problems
Who you are:
- Experience with high load, high performance, real-time, and asynchronous frontend systems/applications
- Excellent computer science fundamentals, with good understanding of object-oriented programming, algorithms, and data structures
- A get-stuck-in, roll-up-your-sleeves attitude, a thirst to learn and drive build an awesome and innovative product for all your customers, no matter if it's one person or a multinational
- Experience with AWS API Gateway, Lambda functions, GraphQL, Swagger,
- Experience with setting up CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience with basic DevOps such as different environments and deployment strategies.
- Experience with DynamoDB, PostgreSQL, MongoDB and ElasticSearch
You’ve got more?
- Experience with micro frontends vs single SPA
- Experience with unit and integration testing
- Experience with Python or NodeJS
- An interest in financial markets and investment
- Passion for open-source technology and engaging with the wider technology community
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in computer science, engineering or related subject is preferred